Search

Archive

Categories

Community

Chairperson Message: Thank you for another wonderful Eid

By: Dr. Elhami Nasr

On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Islamic Center of Southern California, I would like to thank each and every one of you who came to Eid prayers at the Pasadena Convention… Continue reading

Join the ICSC for the Third Annual Conference on Contemporary Islamic Thought

Islamic
 Center of Southern California

ICSC Third Annual Conference on  Contemporary Islamic Thought

monday

The Islamic Center of Southern California presents a distinguishedgroup of scholars and theologians to debate the issue of religion and science vs. physical materialism;  a … Continue reading

MPAC to Launch NYC & DC Metro Ads Opposing Racism & Bigotry

By: Marium Mohiuddin, MPAC

(Washington, DC – 10/18/12) – On Monday, Oct. 22, the New York City subway system will feature ads by the Muslim Public Affairs Council, which call on New Yorkers to stand together in… Continue reading

ICSC Spiritual Night Draws 400+

By: Mohammad Qureshi 

On Friday, September 28, 2012, ICSC held its monthly Family Night; this month’s theme was a spiritual night dedicated to the oppressed of the world.  What a beautiful, successful, and fulfilling night… Continue reading

MPAC launches ‘My Faith. My Vote. My Future’ Election Campaign

By: Marium Mohiuddin
With just 40 days left before the election, the Muslim Public Affairs Council today kicked off its 2012 election campaign — “My Faith. My Vote. My Future.” The campaign aims to mobilize American Muslims and their… Continue reading

Honoring the 11th Anniversary of 9/11

By: Marium Mohiuddin

9/11 Prayer Service, 2012 on Vimeo

Today, the Muslim Public Affairs Council and the Islamic Center of Southern California (ICSC) commemorated the 11th anniversary on 9/11 with the final of three community events – an… Continue reading

Hassan Hathout’s reflections on September 11

By: Dr. Eba Hathout

In the early aftermath of September 11, as a guest speaker in a convention organized by MPAC in California, Hassan Hathout shared some personal reflections which you can view in the video below.

Hassan Hathout… Continue reading

ICSC and MPAC to Commemorate 9/11 with Three Community Events

The Muslim Public Affairs Council and the Islamic Center of Southern California (ICSC) announced today they will be commemorating the 11th anniversary of 9/11 with three community events.

On Saturday, Sept. 8, MPAC and ICSC will take part in the… Continue reading

“Muslim Students Feel Intimidated” according to UC Climate Survey

By: Maha Kamel

Students across University of California campuses enter college with hopes of starting one of the most important chapters in their lives, ready to not only receive a quality education but participate in University life and culture. For… Continue reading

Ramadan: A Time of Renewal Draws Audience of 300+

By: Shirin Nouh

On Saturday, July 14, the Islamic Center of Southern California held its annual Pre-Ramadan fundraiser.  By the grace of God, and thanks to our wonderful community support, we had a near packed-house.
Soha Yassine, ICSC’s… Continue reading

Ramadan: A Time of Renewal Draws 300+ people

By: Editor

On Saturday July 14, the Islamic Center of Southern California hosted its Annual Pre-Ramadan Fundraiser. The event was well attended and was truly inspiring to all in attendance. To view photos of the event, click… Continue reading

Sherman Jackson to Keynote at Saturday’s ICSC Fundraiser

By: Soha Yassine 

The Islamic Center of Southern California is pleased to announce that Dr. Sherman Jackson, the King Faisal Chair in Islamic Thought and Culture at USC and one of the 500 most influential Muslims in the… Continue reading

June Family Night re-cap

By: Dr. Zeina Ghanem 

Alhamdulillah the June Family Night was great. You can view photos of the event here

From the beautiful sitting area to the resounding of the Adhan by Dr. Saleh Kholoki’s  throughtout the… Continue reading

Battle of the Books Update

By: Dr. Zeina Ghannem 

After Ramadan, 3 teams of each age group will lock in a battle of knowledge over Islamic books.  The teams will be carefully selected, through an examination on the assigned books, and come out… Continue reading

June 10 Yard Sale

By: Zeina Zein 

Summary of Religion and State Panel: “The ideal state serves its people”

On Sunday, June 3, ICSC hosted a panel discussion during its regular Sunday program on “Religion and State.” Dr. Maher Hathout and Dr. Aslam Abdullah were the panelists with Mr. Salam Al-Marayati as the moderator.  What… Continue reading

ICSC Volunteer Bulletin

Volunteer and Homeless Sensitivity Training for Imagine LA: PART II

Sunday June 3 @ 1:30pm

What: Faith Partner Team Member

When: 1-3 hours per week for 2 years
How: Get started by attending Part II of… Continue reading

Battle of the Books

ICSC Celebrates Mothers

On Saturday, May 12 the Social Services Committee, chaired by Zeina Zein and her dedicated group of volunteers, held its second Family Night, which celebrated Mother’s Day as well.  The event was… Continue reading

ICSC Helps Muslim Inmates Receive Halal Meals

Currently, approximately 400 Muslim inmates are housed within the Los Angeles County Jail system.  Since the inception of the Muslim Community Affairs (MCA) Unit, it was determined that there was a need for additional services for… Continue reading